When I saw this link up my friend Jessica Bowman started I thought it was super cheesy. Then I remember that I’M super cheesy, so it was only fitting that I join in too. And hey, I never pass up a chance to overshare.
So, without further ado, five things you probably didn’t know about me!
1. I’m fluent in pig latin. I don’t just know the rules like most people do, I’m 100% fluent, I could hold a conversation with you in it as easily as I could English. True story.
2. I have a birth mark that looks like Toto frolicking on my hip, which is even cooler cause I’m from Kansas.
3. My all time favorite color is olive green. I loved it to begin with, but then my dad’s bff Monte and later my dad had the most fabulous couch of all time that was the perfect shade of olive green and if there had previously been any doubt in my mind about the color that ended it.
4. I am a direct descendent of Johann Friedrich Böttger, the famed German alchemist who invented porceline in Europe.
5. I was a tween model. Junior High Jenna was adorable, straight up adorable, and the world at large agreed. I didn’t do anything that you probably would have seen, but I made good money (that later helped pay for college) and got to go to L.A. twice for shoots and auditions and whatnot. I quit the biz because the industry is really awesome at giving even the most self confident girls a complex about their weight, luckily I saw what was happening early enough it didn’t turn into something worse, but that was the end of that career path. I wish I had a picture to go with this but I didn’t keep any of my print work and all my headshots are buried in a box somewhere, probably in my mom’s attic.
I’d love to hear things about you so if you want to play along write your own list, let me know where it’s at so I can check it out, and don’t forget to link up on Jessica’s site too.